Brand: Black Hole Skimmers
- Effectively removes surface debris and oils from surface.
- Accepts 71 mm diameter filter media, which will clog much less than smaller pads and sponges. Can also use all-in-one filter media, such as chemi-pure. Also, any bagged media, such as activated carbon.
- Distributes clean filtered surface water deeper in the tank for better plant and animal health.
- Self-adjusts up to 1-inch with the water level.
- Works with Maxi-Jet powerheads (400: 110 GPH or 600: 160 GPH recommended). Works with other powerheads and canisters with available adapters.
model number: BHS4AQ400
Part Number: BHS4AQ400
Details: The Black Hole Skimmer is a surface water skimmer that helps to keep the entire tank clear and healthy. It does this by positioning its self-adjusting funnel to just beneath the surface where it can rid the surface of debris and oils. This will also create an upward flow that will deliver suspended debris and contaminants to the skimmer.Clean Surface WaterThe Black Hole Skimmer will filter oil, scum, uneaten food, small leaves, and any other surface debris. It will filter the entire surface of the tank. It does this by creating a surface flow through its funnel and then depositing the filtered water deep into the tank. Clean Clear WaterSince the Black Hole Skimmer deposits filtered water deep into the tank, water that is below the surface must move up to replace the filtered surface water. Along with this movement of water, any suspended debris will also rise to the skimmer. In addition to suspended debris, water with higher concentrations of nitrates and ammonia will also rise and enter the skimmer. Filter MediaMany different types of filter media can be used in the filter chamber, which allows different aquarium contaminates to be targeted. For example, if the aquarium has excess ammonia, then a product, such as zeolite can be introduced into the filter chamber. If the water is cloudy, then fine filter pads or activated carbon can be used. Easy Filter AccessThe Black Hole Skimmer easily detaches from its pump. Once detached, it can be removed from the aquarium. This makes it very convenient to target different issues in the tank. For example, suppose that the tank is experiencing an algae bloom. The skimmer can be filled 50-micron filter pads that will clog with algae. Since the skimmer is easy to remove, these pads can quickly be replaced until the algae is removed from the tank.
Package Dimensions: 6.7 x 5.4 x 4.4 inches